Helping Veterans to find a calm and steady body/mind to continue productive and peaceful lives through the support of the mindful practices of yoga and education.
Mindful Yoga Therapy
Our programs are clinically tested. We’ve been working with Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in residential treatment programs and in outpatient programs for several years. This work led to the development of Mindful Yoga Therapy.
We share Mindful Yoga Therapy by:
- developing personalized programs for the individual needs of the Veteran
- offering discounts and scholarships to Veterans and their families for classes and programs in affiliate studios
- offering partial scholarships to our Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- teaching Mindful Yoga Therapy in therapeutic treatment settings
- teaching Mindful Yoga Therapy at Veterans Centers at Universities
- training yoga teachers and yoga therapists to use this program and to bring it into treatment centers
Populations We Serve
Mindful Yoga Therapy has had a lasting positive impact on many Veterans who have worked with us. Read some of our stories. At our fiscal sponsor site, Give Back Yoga, find more of what Veterans and yoga instructors are saying about Mindful Yoga Therapy.
Mindful Yoga Therapy is not, however, just for Veterans. Yoga teachers working with people living with or managing any of the following are also welcome to attend our programs.
- Eating disorders
- Stress & anxiety disorders
- Drug & alcohol addiction
- Domestic violence
- Other victims of trauma
- Diseases of the central nervous system such as MS (please see our Adaptive Yoga Training program)
- Genetic degenerative diseases such as muscular dystrophy (please see our Adaptive Yoga Training program)
The Mindful Yoga Therapy Team
Meet our team.