200 Hour Embodyoga In Depth Study and Yoga Teacher Training Program
The Embodyoga 200 hour teacher training program is a well-rounded, in-depth study of yoga with an emphasis on personal embodiment as the basis for deepening a practice and/or becoming a yoga teacher. For more information, please check our program overview & modules
and graduation requirements
. Cost and registration details
are also on this page.
We offer the program at the Mindful Yoga Therapy Training Center in Newington, CT.
If you’re interested in Mindful Yoga Therapy teacher training
, becoming a 200-hour certified yoga teacher is the first step. We look forward to working with you.
Overview & Modules
Through this training you will:
- Increase self-knowledge, acceptance and love through “embodied-inquiry”, asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophical study.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a depth and beauty in your yoga practice that remains constant when you step off the mat.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 1: Cellular Breathing – Navel Radiation
- Principle of a Quiet Spine
- Discriminating Core & Periphery – Finding Union
- Standing Postures 1 – Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs & Feet
- Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutations & Vinyasa
- Skeletal Structure
- Ease in the Ilio–psoas Complex
- Yield and Push of the Legs
- Inversions 1: Shoulderstand & Handstand
- Pranayama 1: Ujjayi
- Yoga Nidra: Tantric Technique for Deep Rest
- Standing Postures 2 – Dynamics & Alignment, Integrating Upper & Lower Body
- Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Arms and Hands: Alignment & Integrated Movement
- Yield and Push of the Arms
- Lower Back Fundamentals: Sacroiliac & Lumbar Health
- Standing and Supine Forward Bends
- Lungs, Conchas of the Nose & Breathing Diaphragm
- Embodying Organs & Glands
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Cultivating a Rewarding Personal Practice
- Principles of Backbends 1: Organ & Glandular Support
- Arm Balances 1
- Twists and Hip Openers 1
- Inversions 2: Headstand and Shoulderstand Cycle
- Pranayama 2: Viloma, Prana Vayus
- Bandhas – Integrating Core
- The Kosas: Spiralic Sheaths of Awareness
- The Systems of Yoga
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 2: Spinal Patterns
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice
- Precision Vinyasa — Flow and Hold
- Neuro–Endocrine System
- Balancing Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Temporal-Mandibular Joint, the Skull and Palate
- Backbends 2
- Twists, Hips and Arm Balances 2
- Pranayama 3: Nadi Shodhana and Kumbhaka
- Restorative Yoga
- Chakras, Nadis and Kundalini
- Tantra Yoga: The Expression of Life Lived in Fullness
Teaching principles integrated throughout the program
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration & Touch
- Art and Science of Sequencing
- Planning and Teaching Classes
- Principles of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
Mindful Yoga Center, Newington CT | 2017-18 Register Here
noon – 3 p.m.
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
9 a.m. – noon
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Sample Weekend Schedule
|noon – 3 p.m.
||Asana Practice: integrating principles of “whole-body-support” into Precision Vinyasa
|one hour break
|4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
||Interactive presentation of material: embodied anatomy, embodied movement, posture analysis, demonstration, questions &sharing
|6:30 p.m. – 7 p.m
||Quiet Finishing Practice
|10 a.m. – 1:00
||Asana Practice: Integrating material presented on Saturday
|one hour break
|2p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
||Analysis of postures, techniques and methodology of sequencing, teaching strategies, hands-on partnering in groups, personal practice questions, special areas of study
|3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
||Philosophy, Meditation and Pranayama
Meet the experienced, warm and welcoming faculty for the Mindful Yoga Center 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program…we look forward to helping you earn your 200 hour certification.
Homework includes up to two hours of reading for each weekend, home practice and an occasional short written report.
Graduation requires that no more than one weekend session at Mindful Yoga Center may be missed.
Attendance in, or observation of, a total of ten additional Embodyoga classes is also required for graduation.
Required Advanced Workshop
Attendance in one Advanced Study Workshop is required for each participant in the 200 hour Embodyoga Teacher Training Program.
For certification, the following are required:
- Full satisfactory completion of all four modules
- A competency final exam
- Demonstration of understanding, incorporation & competence in principles presented in the program
- Demonstration of ability to present principles to students at beginner levels and abilities
Once these are complete, a 200 hour teaching certificate is issued.
Cost & Registration
Our next 200 Hour Embodyoga Teacher Training begins in September, 2016.
Program cost is $3000, if paid in full one month prior to the first module.
We ask that you intend to take the course in its entirety. You may, however, pay for one module at a time. Individual module cost is $800, payable one month prior to each module’s start date.
A $500 deposit
will save your place.
Prior to making a deposit, we ask that you give us a call
or drop us a line
We will ask you to fill out a questionnaire regarding your yoga history and your interest in our program. Once we’ve reviewed your completed questionnaire, you’ll receive a final confirmation of your acceptance into the program.
Deposits are nonrefundable after your acceptance into the program is confirmed. No other refunds will be given after the start of the course.
Mindful Yoga Center is a Yoga Alliance Registered School for 200 hour teacher training.