July 28, 2017 @ 6:30 pm – July 30, 2017 @ 2:30 pm
Friday, July 28th: 6:30PM-9:00PM
Saturday, July 29th: 12:00PM-7:30PM
Sunday, July 30th: 10:00AM-3:00PM
Mindful Yoga for Trauma (MYT) is an empirically informed, clinically tested program comprised of five practices: Pranayama (breathing), Asana (postures connected with breath), Yoga Nidra, Meditation, and Gratitude. Each practice is a tool veterans can use to cope with Post Traumatic Stress, and together, they form a comprehensive system–a toolbox–that will carry Veterans into a life of strength and resilience.
Join MYT founder, Suzanne Manafort, and Jen Wright, MYT Faculty, for the upcoming training. Fifteen (15) hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits are available.
The Mindful Yoga for Trauma Teacher Training Program covers:
- Why yoga for trauma?
- The Toolbox and its five practices: Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Meditation and Gratitude
- Special considerations and specific techniques for working with veterans
- Neuroscience behind trauma and how yoga can help lesson the symptoms of posttraumatic stress and improves stress-related outcomes
- Appropriateness and variations of asana
- Understanding veteran culture
- How to bring Mindful Yoga for Trauma into the world
- 12 week protocol